The facility is comprised of a 1917 Mission Style bungalow home raised to the new Base Flood Elevation and historically refurbished as well as a new, modern addition designed to complement the historic context while also offering the latest, state of the art A/V technologies and design systems. The project was awarded LEED® Certification by the United States Green Building Council. There are several key environmentally responsible design strategies, the most noticeable of which was the creation of a large bioswale on the site that detains almost all storm water allowing for a minimized impact to the City’s storm water infrastructure, a key issue here in New Orleans. Other landscaping features include a new cumaru wood deck and an outdoor concrete terrace in front of the historic house. The new building is comprised of a concrete foundation with structural steel framing while the exterior walls consist of FRC panels, custom fabricated metal wall panels and curtain wall systems.